Private Equity fundraising is a complex, multi-staged and time & resource consuming process often involving months of efforts, both on the client’s and the investment bank’s part. It includes brainstorming with the management about the most appropriate positioning, managing multiple investors with varied offers, coordinating with service providers for the diligence process, and advising stakeholders on negotiations.
The private equity capital market is fast-paced, fragmented, and highly negotiated. A variety of issues can bog down management. In helping companies reach their next orbit of growth, we bring to the table a deep understanding of these issues:
● Accessing the relevant investor-set
● Scrutinising the pros and cons of different proposals
● Finding the right investing partner
● Achieving the right valuation
● Using the most appropriate instrument (common/ preferred stock combined with call/put options, warrants, etc.)
● Structuring the appropriate term sheet (Positive and negative covenants, dilution and exit rights, investment structure, corporate governance, etc.)
Aided by a specialised process management and extensive expertise in dealing with entrepreneurs at various phases of their businesses' development, we are able to achieve timely completion of complicated, strategic transactions. Exposure to a diverse spectrum of enterprises, from huge corporations to top mid-market firms to start-ups and a thorough expertise of target industries enables us to best position the clients.
These characteristics, combined with the team's strong relationships with the PE ecosystem in India and overseas, ability to bring the right partners to the table, and arrange the most optimal transaction, have helped provide tremendous value to the clients.